1. Fill out an application which can be found above.
2. Contact your veterinarian and give them permission to speak with us concerning your pets vaccination record.
3. A volunteer from the rescue will complete a veterinarian check to confirm that your current animals are up to date on all of their vaccinations.
4. Next, one of our volunteers will contact you to set up a home visit . Please don't change a thing as we are really just interested in meeting your family and your other pets if there are any.
5. Within a week you can expect to hear from the rescue concerning the adoption.
6. Please know that we will work diligently to find the right dog for your family and the right family for the collie or sheltie.
Please send completed forms to
or by postal service to
151 Sandpiper Street, Newport News, VA 23602
Scroll to see the beautiful Collies and Shelties waiting for their forever homes! Are you the key to one of their hearts?
Bailey is a 10 year old young sheltie weighing 13 pound. He has been brought up to date on all vaccinations to include Lyme. He is also microchipped. Bailey has been neutered and had his teeth cleaned with a few extractions. He has become very comfortable and playful. Bailey is ready to find his forever home soon. Could you be his person?
Shelby is a sweet 7 year old lady who was previously a momma. She is up to date on all vaccinations to include Lyme. She has been spayed and had her teeth cleaned and polished looking great! Shelby (2) is microchipped and recently visited the groomer. Shelby is becoming playful and more confident in her walks .
Cora came from a hoarding situation in the southwestern part of Virginia. She was taken to a kill shelter that happens to be fantastic about finding rescues to take their dogs!
Cora is a sweet but timid girl weighing in at about 35 pound. She has a sweet demeanor and needs a calm home. She is well mannered and values the guidance of another dog that is calm that she can trust. Cora has a fear of men and would do best in the home of a female. When frightened she tends to go behind the couch or under the table. Cora enjoys being outside and running around the fenced yard. Cora has the potential to be a very loving girl but it will take some time and effort.
Cora is up to date on all vaccinations to include Lyme. Cora is available for adoption or a foster situation. She needs the opportunity to shine in a home with fewer animals coming in and out. Could you be the special person for Cora?